Gregory Sare Landolt (gregoid) wrote,
Gregory Sare Landolt

  • Mood:

My Sweet Daniel

I talked to Daniel (rogonandi) today and the crappy feeling that I was feeling all week just went away.

I don't know exactly what was causing my down mood this week, but I think it was a combo of my bipolar disorder, Daniel being in the hospital, worrying about my mom and taking her to the dentist twice this week, and not knowing if anything would show up during my physical that I had today. Whatever was causing my mood to be less than satisfactory has cleared up this evening.

Daniel and I were able to talk about a lot of things...yeah, I'll leave it at that for now. He is doing great and sounds wonderful. His mom thinks he's too skinny, the doctors say that he's at a healthy weight; I'm biased so my opinion doesn't count (but any weight is perfect to me).

He is now able to bend his leg 95 degrees and even apply some weight on it. He loves his freedom with the wheelchair and has been wheeling all around the hospital. One of his roommates gave him a drawing pad tonight, so he can keep from going stir crazy. He's been able to get on the Internet for about 10 minutes at a time, so he can post a little in lj and comment here and there. He says that he has a lot of email in his inbox that he needs to go through. He is very thankful to everybody that has been wishing him well. Every bit has helped him try that much harder to get out of the hospital and back home.

As I mentioned the other day, Daniel has been transferred to The Nova Scotia Rehabilitation Centre, which is still part of Queen Elizabeth II (QEII). He will be there for about 3 weeks while he does his physiotherapy and allow his bones to heal enough before going home.

He has already had enough of the hospital and its food and he's very ready to go home.

Daniel received the teddy bear on Tuesday that I sent him. He loves it sooooo much. Woohoo! He has been showing it off to all the nurses and everyone else. :-D He thinks it is such a wonderful gift! I can't tell you how terrific that makes me feel. Daniel said that when he got the bear, he was wearing a Johnny shirt (hospital gown) that was the same color blue and stripes that the bear had on. That was sooo cool.

His dad had already brought him PizzaHut Pizza for lunch (this was a few days ago), they have played a game of pool together. hehehe - Daniel said he had a "little" trouble lining up his shots with his cast on, but actually made some balls into the pockets. His dad has also wheeled him to the gift shop and to the cafeteria for some real food. I think his dad has been great while Daniel has been in the hospital.

Not to say that his mom is not showing up too. She has visited Daniel and bought him some clothes that he is just now able to wear. She has brought some magazines and comics if I'm not mistaken. Daniel's sister and a few friends have come to visit him too (there is a story with that, but I will let Daniel tell about it).

Daniel has really enjoyed me calling every day. It makes him so happy. It makes me happy as well. I can't wait to hear his voice on the phone. I have only missed 2 days calling him since he has been in the hospital. His dad mentioned to me that Daniel’s spirits have been up because of my phone calls. That made me very happy to hear.

[sappy and gushing part next]

I'm so happy that Daniel is doing so well. He is in great spirits and is working hard to get out of the hospital as quickly as possible. Daniel is such a sweetheart and I love him so much. If it wasn't for the fact that he doesn't want me to see him like he is right now, I'd be on the next flight just to be by his side.

I cry at night sometimes, but I'm not sad. I'm extremely overjoyed that he is in such great shape, considering the speed at which he was hit. He is making a wonderful and speedy recovery. Whether you believe in God or luck or the order of the universe, there is definitely something to be thankful for.

Daniel is my sweetie and I love him with all of my heart. This accident has only helped to confirm my overwhelming love for him. We have been dating online for 3 months now and even though we have not seen each other in person, our love for each other has continued to grow. We might be 3,642 miles apart, but that doesn't seem to matter. We have terrific communication and don't hesitate to say when something is bothering either one of us. We have had our fights. Each of us has expressed certain fears and concerns. We always talk about them. We never discard anything that may later build up and explode down the line.

We plan to meet in July to find out for sure if our love and attraction is real and can stand up in the real world. Virtual Dating and dating in Real Life are two different things. Daniel and I have laid a great foundation of trust, communication, sincerity, and above all, our love and caring for each other.

July will be 6 months. We will have 24 days together in July. We plan on taking things slowly as we have with our online dating. Either one of us can say no at anytime. If it is no, we will remain extremely close online friends. I'm sure there will be heartbreak, but after the dust settles, close friends we will remain.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't care one way or the other if things didn't work out. Daniel is the first person that I have cared deeply for and loved unconditionally that has loved me back the same way. It is an incredible feeling to have your love returned without wanting something else in return.

No strings attached. That is how I live my life. It is such a wonderful feeling to receive love, honesty, and caring without any strings as well.

[end sappy and gushing part]


  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded